Love life

Love life

Friday, June 20, 2014

Breaking Vegan

Hellllooooo!

So you I wrote in my last blog that I had started living the Vegan lifestyle and was no longer eating cheese, eggs, gelatin...all that jazz. Well June brought A LOT of exciting stuff!! Mine and my boyfriend's birthday and a new job. The first week of June went great, I was eating vegan at work, not getting anything with cheese or egg or any animal stuff like that. My bf's birthday came and I knew that not eating cake or sweets was going to pose a challenge. I tried to resist but I felt awful that I was the ONLY one not partaking in the birthday dinner and desserts. I caved....I ate the brownies and the cupcakes. Next was MY birthday. I knew on my birthday I could have anything I wanted. Well the restaurants we went to were Italian, just like my family, which meant lots of cheese! I got a Veggie Pasta Cannoli so I definitely could've gotten everything without cheese but, it was my birthday!! Of course I'm going to splurge on my birthday :D We also had Tiramisu which was delicious by the way. That was just my mom and I celebrating, my dad's side wanted to celebrate as well. They have the tradition of getting Tres Leches cakes for birthdays. I LOVE Tres Leches (Three Milk) cake. But that is DEFINITELY not Vegan. 
I am still very much vegetarian but I have definitely broken my veganism as of now. I know that nothing can truly be 100% Vegan if you really think about it but it makes you feel like you're trying to see the world form a different view. I still don't drink milk or eat eggs but I can't promise that I won't eat something that has dairy or eggs bakes into it. 
I can always start my journey again but for now I am breaking vegan. 


No comments:

Post a Comment