Love life

Love life

Saturday, November 16, 2013

Saturday Storytime- Trip to The Movies

Hello Everyone! I know it's super late, I was spending quality time with my family today. We had fun playing games and eating bacon wrapped chicken. I still wanted to write a blog though! So I thought what would be more fun that sharing a funny story with everyone?
It took me a while to think of just one story to tell, but I think I have found the right one.
So when I was in the 5th grade me and my best friend used to get dropped off at our local mall so we could hang out and window shop. The mall was very small and not too far away from our houses. I also had one of those ancient brick phones to keep in contact with my mom. Well, this was a Friday night after school and my friend and I convinced my mom to take us to the mall so we could see a movie and then she was to pick us up afterwards. She dropped us off and we told her we'd call after we were done at the movie. We went around and window shopped for a while until we figured out what movie we wanted to see. I had seen comercials on TV for a movie called Chicago, but it was rated PG-13 and we wee not 13 yet. I got the idea to try to get tickets for it without our moms knowing. My friends agreed because she had wanted to see it as well. We called my mom and told her we were going to see the Jungle Book 2 and we gave her an estimate of what time we would be out. We walked up yo the counter and got our tickets, the lady didn't ask for an ID or anything! We were so excited that we were actually getting away with it! We sat in the theater and waited for the film to start. I was very nervous because I knew that the movie must have been rated PG-13 for a reason, but at the same time I really wanted to know what the reason was. The movie started with an awesome musical number introducing Rene Zellweger and Catherine Zeta Jones. I thought how could this be a bad movie? It just has a lot of singing and some flashy outfits. The next seen was the main character leaving the bar with her lover, from there things got hot.....not what me and my friend were expecting. We didn't know if we should watch or not so we half covered our eyes and giggled. After the hotness the girl ends up shooting the guy she's with! Now keep in mind we were only 10 and back then we really weren't allowed to watch movies like this, especially without out parents! We must have felt awkward because we ended up leaving the theater after that scene. It was gruesome or anything but I think we just felt guilty more than anything. We must have gotten through a whole 10-15 minutes of it haha. We then shopped around the mall a little bit longer and called my mom to come pick us up. That upcoming Christmas I asked my mom to buy me the movie Chicago and she did. We watched it together and it has been one our favorite movies since then. We even bought the soundtrack and used to sing it in the car wherever we went. It's so weird to think that I felt guilty over that or that I couldn't make it through the whole movie. What a great memory to have! Do you guys have  any memories or stories that you would like to share? Comment below and share your funny story or memory!

Night night!
Emm

No comments:

Post a Comment